Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) have six months to develop and submit a high quality, data-driven, Sixth National Report (6NR) to the CBD by the end of 2018. What kind of technical guidance and support do you need to complete your 6NR by the deadline? Please use this discussion thread as an opportunity to share the types of technical guidance and support you need in the second half of 2018! We look forward to your responses.
During SBSTTA 22, technical specialists from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) will be available at the Help Desk to answer your questions in English, French, and Spanish about the technical and operational elements of the national reporting process. The Help Desk will be open from 2–6 July 2018 and is located in the hallway outside of the plenary room. Each day, the Help Desk will be open from 9–11 am, 12–3 pm and 6–7 pm. We welcome you to stop by during the Help Desk hours.
At the Help Desk, we can support your country to:
- Review progress to develop the 6NR
- Identify the specific types of technical support you need
- Explore pre-populated data in the 6NR Data Tracking Tool
- Discuss indicators of CBD and NBSAP implementation
- Learn about the 6NR Technical Webinar Series
- Explore geospatial data using the UN Biodiversity Lab
- Talk to a geospatial data analyst about the types of data you need
- Discuss entry points for mainstreaming gender
- Sign the Nature for Development Declaration on Spatial Data
- DiscoverthenewNBSAPForum features
- Schedule a technical review of your draft 6NR
- Review progress to achieve the Aichi Biodiversity Targets
How can you schedule an appointment? If you would like to schedule a session in advance, or outside of these hours, UNDP supported countries should contact Christina Supples, 6NR Project Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Marion Marigo, 6NR Technical Specialist (email@example.com). UN Environment supported countries should contact Antony Kamau, 6NR Project Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Michele Poletto, 6NR Project Manager (email@example.com). Please indicate your country and preferred language in the email.