The NBSAP Forum contains an extensive library of best practices related to developing and implementing NBSAPs. Our purpose is to enable countries to share and learn about effective, field-tested techniques and solutions. We work closely with our members to document the problem addressed, for whom, the primary actions, how they achieved results, and the solution they achieved. Search for or submit your best pratice here.
Latest Best Practices
- Sri Lanka: Combating Climate Change with Robust Policy and Planning Actions / November 8, 2018
- Setting Standards: India’s Stakeholder Consultation Process to prepare its Sixth National Report to the Convention on Biological Diversity / November 8, 2018
- Eco-Tourism: Rwanda’s Fastest Growing Sector / November 8, 2018
- Utilizing Spatial Planning for Sustainable Development | Insights from Serbia’s 5th National Report to CBD / December 5, 2018
- Norway is on track to achieve its national biodiversity targets to combat invasive alien species by 2020 | Key highlights from Norway’s Sixth National Report and post-2010 NBSAP / October 30, 2018
The NBSAP Forum contains over 1,500 Aichi Biodiversity Target-related resources and is one of the largest repositories of this kind of information. We offer free downloads of papers, scientific articles, resource guides, presentations, videos and reports. Each resource is tagged to the relevant Aichi Biodiversity Target and any related topics, such as spatial planning, national reporting and gender mainstreaming. You can share resources and explore our resource library here!
- COP14 Poster - Cameroon on Stakeholder Engagement / December 14, 2018
- The Land Rights Law of 2018. Republic of Liberia / December 12, 2018
- COP14 Poster - China on the Use of Indicators / December 11, 2018
- COP14 Poster - Samoa on Spatial Data / December 11, 2018
- COP14 Poster - Belize on Spatial Data / December 11, 2018
Our peer review facility is to provide national teams the opportunity to have their draft NBSAP or Sixth National Report reviewed by experts and the global NBSAP community and staff at the CBD Secretariat, UNDP and UN Environment. We follow a technical review framework that outlines the key elements that should be included in a NBSAP or 6NR. Using our peer review facility will help ensure that your documents are in alignment with COP decisions and related guidance. We also hope this opportunity enables your team to meet global best practices.
Latest Peer Reviews
- What are the Sustainable Development Goals? / March 29, 2018
- Mini-resilience Assessment Week 4 Option 3 / March 29, 2018
- Travail individuel Option 1'' la Purification naturelle des eaux de consommation'' des infrastructures vertes pour la durabilité et la resilience aux chocs ecologiques / March 29, 2018
- Travail Individuel Option 2'' Le Protocole de Montréal, Une action Collective pour Restaurer la couche d'ozone dans l'atmosphere'' / June 18, 2018
- Concept For Conservation And Sustainable Use Of The Biological Diversity Of The Republic Of Kazakhstan Until 2030 / February 27, 2017