The NBSAP Forum contains an extensive library of best practices related to developing and implementing NBSAPs. Our purpose is to enable countries to share and learn about effective, field-tested techniques and solutions. We work closely with our members to document the problem addressed, for whom, the primary actions, how they achieved results, and the solution they achieved. Search for or submit your best pratice here.
Latest Best Practices
- The Albatross Task Force: Working With The Fishing Industry To Save Ocean Wanderers / August 4, 2017
- Producing Bird-Friendly Beef Across The South American Grasslands / June 6, 2017
- A Mining Company, NGOs And Cattle Owners Work Together To Establish A Vulture Safe Zone In India / June 6, 2017
- Mainstreaming Biodiversity Into Land-Use Planning Through The Natura 2000 Network / March 26, 2018
- The Renewables Grid Initiative: A Partnership Of NGOs And Transmission System Operators In Europe / June 6, 2017
The NBSAP Forum contains over 1,500 Aichi Biodiversity Target-related resources and is one of the largest repositories of this kind of information. We offer free downloads of papers, scientific articles, resource guides, presentations, videos and reports. Each resource is tagged to the relevant Aichi Biodiversity Target and any related topics, such as spatial planning, national reporting and gender mainstreaming. You can share resources and explore our resource library here!
- NBSAP capacity-building modules / June 21, 2018
- Gender Mainstreaming and Biodiversity Conservation - 6NR Webinar Series / June 23, 2018
- 6NR Technical Webinar Series #5 - Gender Mainstreaming and Biodiversity Conservation - PowerPoint presentations / June 6, 2018
- Participación significativa de los actores interesados durante el desarrollo de los 6IN - 6NR Webinar Series / June 23, 2018
- Meaningful Stakeholder Engagement during 6NR Development - 6NR Webinar Series / June 23, 2018
Our peer review facility is to provide national teams the opportunity to have their draft NBSAP or Sixth National Report reviewed by experts and the global NBSAP community and staff at the CBD Secretariat, UNDP and UN Environment. We follow a technical review framework that outlines the key elements that should be included in a NBSAP or 6NR. Using our peer review facility will help ensure that your documents are in alignment with COP decisions and related guidance. We also hope this opportunity enables your team to meet global best practices.
Latest Peer Reviews
- What are the Sustainable Development Goals? / March 29, 2018
- Mini-resilience Assessment Week 4 Option 3 / March 29, 2018
- Travail individuel Option 1'' la Purification naturelle des eaux de consommation'' des infrastructures vertes pour la durabilité et la resilience aux chocs ecologiques / March 29, 2018
- Travail Individuel Option 2'' Le Protocole de Montréal, Une action Collective pour Restaurer la couche d'ozone dans l'atmosphere'' / June 18, 2018
- Concept For Conservation And Sustainable Use Of The Biological Diversity Of The Republic Of Kazakhstan Until 2030 / February 27, 2017