UNDP is working with UN Environment to convene an Africa-Asia Symposium on Legal Frameworks for Combating Wildlife Crime (the Symposium). The Symposium will be held between late May and early July 2017 (dates to be confirmed) in Bangkok, Thailand, and has four objectives tentatively proposed as:
- Review regional and international commitments to address illegal wildlife trade;
- Share national experiences and best practices;
- Consider recommendations on â€˜criteriaâ€™ for evaluating legal frameworks;
- Provide a platform for inter-regional dialogue.
The Symposium will support the participation of an estimated 20 representatives from Africa and Asia. International and regional organizations active in addressing wildlife crime will also be invited as partners and resource persons.
UNDP and UN Environment are seeking the support of a Wildlife Crime Legal Expert to assist in the preparation and delivery of the Symposium.
Location: Home-based with mission travel to Bangkok
Application Deadline: 20-Feb-17 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: International Consultant
Languages Required: English
Starting Date: 06-Mar-2017
Duration of Initial Contract:Through 31 July 2017
- Amended concept note and recommended list of participants and resource persons by 31 March 2017;
- Completion of draft agenda and background note by 1 May 2017;
- Participation in Symposium and completion of meeting report and press release by 31 July 2017.
For more, click here https://goo.gl/BnA5qO.